The Upside Down Amsterdam Exploitatie BV (to be referred to below as ‘TUDA’) located in Amsterdam, is responsible for the processing of personal data as described in this Privacy Statement. TUDA respects the privacy of all users and ensures that the personal information provided is treated confidentially.
The Upside Down Amsterdam Exploitatie BV
Address: Europaboulevard 5 Amsterdam 1079 PC
Personal data processed by TUDA
TUDA processes your personal data because you use our services and/or because you have provided these personal data to us. Below you will find an overview of the personal data that may be processed by us:
- First and last name
- Address details
- Telephone number
- Email address
- IP address
- Other personal data you have actively provided in writing, by telephone or electronically
- Information about your activities on our website
- Internet browser and type of device used by you
- Bank account number
If you send an email to us, we may save these messages. Sometimes we may ask you for personal data that is relevant to the situation in question. This allows us to deal with your questions and answer your requests. Emails are stored on a secure and encrypted server at a data management organisation with whom we have concluded a processing agreement. TUDA will not combine these data with any other personal data in our possession.
Special and/or sensitive personal data processed by TUDA
TUDA has no intention of collecting data on website visitors who are younger than 16 years. For the use of personal data of children under the age of 16, TUDA requires permission from their parents or guardian. However, it is not always possible for us to check whether a visitor to the website is older than 16. We advise parents to be involved in the online activities of their children, to prevent information about children from being collected without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal data from a minor without the necessary permission, please contact us at email@example.com and we will remove this information.
Purpose and basis of processing your personal data
TUDA processes personal data for the following purposes:
- Distribution of our newsletter and/or similar information, for which the legal basis is legitimate interest
- In order to call you or send you emails if this is necessary for performing our services, for which the legal basis is legitimate interest
- Provision of goods and services to you, for which the legal basis is consent
- Handling of your payment, for which the legal basis is consent and legal obligation
- TUDA also processes personal data if legally obliged to do so, e.g. data required for our tax return.
TUDA shall never take any decisions on issues that may affect people based on the automated processing of data. This refers to decisions made by computer programs or systems, without the intervention of a TUDA employee.
Length of period for which we retain personal data
- TUDA does not retain your personal data longer than necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data are collected.
- If we have obtained your email address along with any other personal data via a contact form on our website, we retain these data for the administrative purposes of TUDA, based on the principle of legitimate interest, for a maximum period of five years.
- If you have subscribed to our newsletter, we retain the personal data in question for a maximum period of one year after you unsubscribe from the newsletter. We also keep track of how often the newsletter is opened, how often you click through to the website and at what times.
- If you follow our Facebook page, the privacy rules of Facebook apply.
- If you follow our YouTube channel, the privacy rules of YouTube apply.
- If you follow us on Instagram, the privacy rules of Instagram apply.
- If you follow us on TikTok, the privacy rules of TikTok apply.
Sharing of personal data with third parties
TUDA does not sell or share your information to third parties and only transfers such data if this is necessary for the performance of our services or our agreement with you or for complying with a legal obligation or after your express permission has been granted. We conclude a processing agreement with companies that process your data on our behalf, to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality for your data. TUDA remains responsible for these processing activities.
Cookies or similar technologies used by us
The TUDA website uses technical and functional cookies. In addition, we use analytical cookies that do not infringe on your privacy.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website. The technical and functional cookies used by us are necessary for the technical operation of the website and your ease of use. They ensure that the website works properly. We can also use these to optimize our website. You may disable cookies by changing your internet browser settings so that cookies are not stored during use. In addition, you may also delete all information that was previously saved via your browser settings. However, it is possible that some functionalities and services on our websites and third-party websites will no longer function correctly if cookies are disabled in your browser.
To collect web statistics, TUDA uses the anonymous variant of Google Analytics, in which the last octet of the IP address is masked. These statistics do not contain any personal or demographic data and cannot be traced to a specific person. TUDA has concluded a processing agreement with Google.com for the processing of these data. The option of sharing data with other services (including the services of Google itself) is disabled. Statistical data are always transmitted via a secure connection. The storage of these data is managed by Google and the storage occurs in the EU or in the USA under US jurisdiction. In general, these data are stored for an indefinite period of time.
Accessing, rectifying or erasing data
You have the right to access, rectify or erase your personal data. You also have the right to withdraw your consent for data processing or object to the processing of your personal data by TUDA and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal data that we hold about you in a computer file to you or to another organization indicated by you.
You may send TUDA a request for access, rectification, erasure and data portability with respect to your personal data, a request for the withdrawal of your consent or an objection to the processing of your personal data. To verify that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you send a copy of your identity card along with the request. We advise you to black out your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, i.e. the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and citizen service number (BSN) on the copy of your identity card. This will help protect your privacy. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible, within four weeks at the latest.
TUDA would also like to remind you that you have the option of filing a complaint with the national supervisory authority, i.e. the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens). You may do this via this link.https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/
Ensuring the security of your personal data
TUDA is committed to protecting your data and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized changes. If you have the impression that your data is not properly protected or that there are indications of misuse, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org